US Army Retired

US Army Retired

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Almost There!

Received an email from my publisher telling me they are going to publish SONORA SYMPHONY on their website August 15th - tomorrow! They also indicated it should show up on Amazon.com a few days later.

It's taken so long to get something like this published that I don't know whether to celebrate - or just let out a sigh of relief.

But, the work goes on. Now I have to do a word-by-word review of the sequel for when they decide to work on it. And, this new book I found about California history is giving me major headaches. Written in 1884, it has a mountain of information to include first-hand descriptions and diary excerpts. I'm relieved to see that I got MOST of The Sailor and The Carpenter right. All I had to do was make a few minor changes to put real friars in their particular missions. I also learned more about the civil and military structure of the 18th century Californias.

The book has 254 pages of information with 224 pages of footnotes!!!!! And, it's written in the style of the time where females didn't count in history. It gave a list of 1,400 Spaniards in California from 1769 to 1800 - and not one was female!  At least it listed all the friars and where and when they served. I am impressed to know that the vast majority of those devout men served until they died in the place where they were assigned.

Ah well, back to doing research to fix The Mission Trail, book two of Father Serra's Legacy.

Oh yeah - thanks to all the 3,000 plus who've stopped by here. I don't know whether or not it shows up on your statistics, but if you check out The Blogs I Follow, you will see that I visit your site at least once a day with only a rare few missed.




No comments:

Post a Comment