US Army Retired

US Army Retired

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Welcome 2012!

I hope all survived the New Year parties with minor hangovers and headaches.
Me and Mine? We slept through it - except for our puppy dog who spent the entire evening telling the world how upset he was with the blasted fireworks!
It started with some good signs - my publisher came up with three covers for the Father Serra's Legacy trilogy that I think will draw readers to it. [Not bad when we've only signed contracts for 2 of the 3]
On the other hand, I got leads to more research material on California in the late 1800's and I have to back off The Missions Bloom until I finish going through it. I'm already discovering a major problem - the various sources don't agree!!! I had the names of 1800 men who lived in California at the time, and the new sources either don't include them or have the names and other information different. Ah well. All one can do when writing historical fiction is provide the reader with the feel of the time with interesting characters.
So thanks for stopping by here and I hope to see you drop by more often to enjoy. You are always welcome to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment