US Army Retired

US Army Retired

Thursday, June 30, 2011

A June Passes

It's been an interesting month.

The first, of course, is signing a contract with XOXO Publishing for SONORA SYMPHONY. To me, this is an affirmation that all the work and effort just might be paying off. Now, only time will tell what this means and if my time as a storyteller has finally come.

The next is how this blog is moving along. Well over a thousand visits this month. {Yeah, I know there are those that have that many in a week. But, I'm certainly not complaining.} I wish I could post on a daily basis but constantly find myself wrapped up in a number of things in order to publicize and market what I've written. The side of writing we all wish we could do away with.

Until a few days ago, I had no idea this site existed. That and other sites like Kindleboard, all designed to help indie authors publicize and market their books. The experience of trying to learn all the ins and outs of these sites taxes an old man's wits at time. Each has their own system and rules and FAQs and all the rest and it's kinda difficult to keep up with all of it.

And then there's THIS! I don't have PrintShop, so I'm trying to seek another way to create professional covers for some of the books I have and will publish for myself. The graphic terms can almost be overwhelming.

And, another one of those has gone by. Not a big deal just managing to outlast the Grim Guy who will come when and if his boss decides. But, it means time to get more thoughts and ideas out to share with others and for that I'm thankful.

Here's to July!!  And getting all the things done on my To Do List.

No comments:

Post a Comment