US Army Retired

US Army Retired

Friday, April 29, 2011

Like a Kid with a New Toy!

I kinda like this one as it's supposed to be a representation of the sun done by the Pima Indians of southern Arizona. Especially since one of the novels I'm waiting to hear about from several publishers is SONORA SYMPHONY, the novel about the modern-day Cherokee soldier helped by an elder of the Papago tribe - brothers/cousins of the Pima.

Well, I've figured out how to add pages to include adding links and images - all to make it easier for those of you who visit this site. So, if you're interested, check out the page about Books, Novels and Short Stories with direct links.

Now, if only I could figure out how to paste something I've created offline to this place using the HTML editor.

I've always like Turquoise. There's a store here in the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace that specialized in jewelry of this stone. I always thought it was only found here in the Southwest of the United States - that is until I found a place in Austria where it's mined and sold.
It is believed that turquoise tends to bring good fortune, strength and helps overcome illness. Turquoise got its name from the Levantine traders called Turks who brought the stone to Europe from Persia via Turkey centuries ago. Native Americans have prized turquoise since the time of the Aztecs, who mined it in New Mexico. The natural variations that occur in turquoise are part of their appeal and beauty.

Until next time - Wado {Cherokee for thanks}

No comments:

Post a Comment