US Army Retired

US Army Retired

Monday, May 25, 2015

Plant extracts offer hope against diabetes, cancer

(This clearly goes along with my last post about plants used by Indians (American).


Sort of an addition to my blog post about the cornucopia of herbal plants and how they can help deal with various ailments.

Date: May 25, 2015
Source: Swinburne University of Technology
Summary:
Diabetes is the fastest growing metabolic disease in the world. A new study has shown that traditional Aboriginal and Indian plant extracts could be used to manage the disease and may also have potential use in cancer treatment.

I notice the study only covered Australian aboriginal and Indian (in Asia) plants and not the ones I mentioned in my blog post. It also emphasizes “extracts” and not the entire plants – which leads me to believe it's a Big-Pharm effort to take it out of the shops and into the pharmacies.

The following made me laugh. Human uses have gone on from before records were kept.

Professor Palombo said studies in animals and, eventually, humans are required to take this research further.



No comments:

Post a Comment